Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - March 2001

Re: Re: [sharechat] Affco

From: Derek <dkw@paradise.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 20:05:50 +1200

Well spotted, below is of relevance from Affcos web site.

Also about Affco & the affect of Foot & mouth is this artical about
airfreight volumes from NZ increasing:

http://au.dailynews.yahoo.com/finance/20010305/reutersfinancenz/983728260-12
76100695.html

Rgds,
Derek

21.03.2001  (AFFCO Investors)

AFFCO’s office in Buenos Aires will remain open.

19 March, 2001.

STATEMENT FROM AFFCO

AFFCO’s office in Buenos Aires will remain open, while the foot and mouth
disease situation in Argentina continues to be carefully monitored.

AFFCO buys only the highest quality meat from facilities which are fully
certified to produce product for export and which have clearance from health
authorities.

The EU has imposed a total ban on the importation of Argentinian meat,
including lamb from Patagonia. AFFCO is, and will remain, fully compliant
with these restrictions which are due to be reviewed by the EU in a month.

Other markets have not banned meat from Argentina. AFFCO will continue to
serve these markets within the health and export certification regulations
laid down by each.

AFFCO opened its two-person Buenos Aires trading office in May last year.

Sam Lewis

Executive Chairman

>I think that I read somewhere that Argentina has decided
>to immunize their herds (like Holland). I also seem to
>remember reading somewhere that a country cannot export
>after they make this decision. If both of these comments
>are true, then Affco will not have much of a business left
>in this country will they.

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] RMG Investor Interview online now G Stolwyk