Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - March 2001

[sharechat] FEG - Peak

From: "charlie brown" <gordy_gecko@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 09:28:28 +1100

I find it interesting that chatters have made no comment in relation to the
announcement yesterday by the FLC Board decision to proceed with the vote on
6 March re the possible sale to Shell/Apache.

Although understandable given the infancy of the Peak Petroleum counter-bid
I can't help but hypothesis that they have effectively said to Peak
Petroleum that they are going to have to go out there and lobby like buggery
institutions and the like to stop the vote going through (and thereby show
that there is some support for the counter-bid).  On the other side of the
fence the Shell/Apache team will also be going at it hammer and tongs.

With the willy old dogs down there at GPG and FR Partners in the midst of
things (and I'm certain some other K9's will be sniffing about), should make
for interesting times between now and then and for ever after.  I'm sure
Shell with there silver lined pockets could also spare raising the bid - if
unlike Alliance, they were serious about snaring these assets.

Roll on March 6 - my lazy $20 says that nothing will be consummated on that
day nor 23 March and that the games will just have started.

Finally, good to see some of that positive fighting kiwi battler attitude in
Mr Dunphy and Co.  Rod's passing comments re Peak's emotive nationalistic
spin doctoring should be taken seriously by FLC's -  otherwise it may bite
them in the proverbial.  All though it'a hard for a board stacked with
industrial revolution also rans now use to running a garage sale to take
anything too seriously.

There's money in dem there assets!!

Yahoo!!!

Charles