Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - January 2001

[sharechat] INTEREST RATES &WNC

From: "Ian Andrews" <iandrews@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 22:28:10 +1300

Update from 2 weeks ago, from www.rbnz.govt.nz

The yield curve is now positive at the long end, & flat at the short end. I'm more inclined to think now financial markets are taxiing onto the runway & waiting for Don's call on inflation.

WNC & Estar     The customer base question needs to be addressed also, I believe.Estores internationally have not generally done well - but that's not to say one couldn't. They could have the business plan right, but the market still seems uncertain, with the price drifting for 4 months & still looking for support after the estar announcement. I'm looking for a buy opportunity, but I don't sense it yet.

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: Re: Re: [sharechat] Transrail Idle Gossip~Corrigated Rails Peter Maiden