Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - December 2000

Re: [sharechat] WORKING AT THE COAL FACE - AIA/ P.Maiden

From: "G Stolwyk" <stolwyk@wave.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 18:04:59 +1300

Peter,

Thanks for your charting of AIA. I would appreciate any future results.

I think that now the share price of AIR is down, there is a greater chance of Singapore increasing its stake in this stock.

Any such movement in shareholdings of AIR must reflect in an creasing share price of AIA, ie. there is no need for Singapore to increase its stake at the same time in AIA !!

Singapore is keen to get both AIR and AIA. If they can get even close to 50% of both or at least of one, then you will see a lot more Asians coming this way and this will benefit AIA!

I never read Mainland's work but bought them as I saw AIA as a situation stock. Of course I don't guarantee any price increases!

Cheers

Gerry

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] US Analysts in trouble? Lessons for AUS/ NZ investors!! G Stolwyk