Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - December 2000

Re: [sharechat] Sanford

From: Gerry Tyler-Smith <g.tylersmith@ext.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 09:04:46 +1300

The Headliner 14 Dec has a front page article on it ... a usual with
Headliner, it is well and clearly written. giving good background on the
company, and CEO's current optimism about future earnings.

Ord Minnet rather conservtive on the stock, citing management's paucity of
disclosure, and unimpressed with the possible "endgame"  of their 14 %
stake in Fishery Products, a Newfoundland Co which is trading very well on
the  Canandian exchange (tho I've noticed that Ord Minnet seems to be most
enthusiasitc about coys in which they are a significant shareholder, like
FFS and Aquaria).  David McEwen in Sept wrote a big article on Sanford,
suggesting that downside risk (due to algal blooms, and lower orange roughy
catches) had already been factored into the share price.

Sanford has an excellent website, really quick in respose, very
informative. The company looks to me to be well and conservatively run,
with very low debt, and very diversified products in a growth market. Looks
good to me.