Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - December 2000

Re: [sharechat] Sanford

From: "hugh webber" <hugh.webber@clear.net.nz>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 08:12:35 +1300

I would say with endemic overfishing around the world and fishing
jacked up to full capacity around the world and the system of ITQ's
in place in NZ they should do alright if they play their cards right.
The wild card is how long this unfortunate rise in the NZ dollar is
going to last which is already starting to deflate our export industries.
If Brash took the wider view that say the Reserve Bank of Australia
takes then he would lower interest rates to cap the NZ dollar rise,
but he then has been prone to ungreenspanian timing errors and
misjudgments in the past...

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] Contact Energy Dividend Gerry Tyler-Smith