Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - December 2000

Re: [sharechat]

From: jesse <johne777@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 18:57:33 +1300

Hi Mark
you sound like me....a risk taker. But your punting on a decent rally in
Nasdaq over next 3 months, based on an idea? or just hoping?  Ihmo, odds
are way against you getting that rally.
Everyone knows January earnings in US are going to be bad,  and theres
no way that can turn around in a quarter for April earnings. Even if Fed
cut rates Jan 31st, it's already expected, and any rally will be brief
imo.
If a recession hits US, I'd say it'll be second half of next year, but I
pick Nasdaq will go below 2000 easy by March, recession or not. (1800 is
what many bears see as technical lows). Even if 2400 is the bottom, its
more likely to sulk for months before going anywhere decent from here.
Hate to sound negative, but I'm short the market,  and would get out if
I were in your situation. One of the hardest things to do is take
losses....
cheers