Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - November 2000

Re: [sharechat] Re: Frucor Rejigs to Cope with Growth

From: "Graham Bockett" <gbockett@paradise.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 13:31:02 +1300

RE: "New research has suggested that vitamin C supplements are excellent for
hardening the arteries."

If you drink enough water you will die.
If you take enough Vitamin C MAYBE it will harden your arteries.

You would be hard pushed top find a single person in the whole of NZ who
takes enough to harden their arteries.  I am an overweigh male with a blood
pressure of 110 over 74 (or is it the other way round), and I contribute
much of that GOOD news to the fact that I regularly take between 1 and 2
grams per day of Vitamin C.

My advice is to never take the collective "they" too seriously, especially
over food supplementation.  Remember that people who carry out health
related research want to make money, and you cannot patent a Vitamin so
little research is carried out to research its benefits, but much is done to
encourage us "consumers" to go for the expensive new pharmaceutical.  Often
a long way to reach the same place!

Be fit be happy, but don't get too skinny!
Graham