Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - November 2000

[sharechat] OTR

From: Derek <dkw@paradise.net.nz>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 21:00:07 +1300

Further to my mention of OTR, I've gathered together some information from
the news. The quoted text is verbatim, the rest is mine.

"Otter equity gold sales averaged NZ$679 per ounce (A$521 per ounce), while
average cash operating costs were NZ$537 per ounce (A$412 per ounce)."

This represents a NZ$142 an ounce margin.

About 120,000 ounces will be produced this year

So they have about a $17 m margin

Number of shares = 83 m

Operating margin per share = 20 c

"Otter has invested over NZ$150m in the past 6 years in the development of
the Tanami and Beaconsfield Mines and the major expansion of the Martha
Mine. This includes more than NZ$72m in the last 2 years alone"

Investment in the last 6 years = $1.80 per share
(=4.5 times current share price)

Derek

(own OTR)

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: Re: [sharechat] FW: US Thanksgiving sales were hot P Maiden