Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - November 2000

[sharechat] How does the westpactrust 2nd instalment work?

From: "Dawber, John" <J.F.Dawber@massey.ac.nz>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 09:47:19 +1300

Hi I have a friend who purchased the Westpactrust (wptca) shares at their IPO.  He has recently been asked to pay the second instalment of $4.75/share by late Jan next year.  He originally paid $7.20 and the price is now $10.80.  How does the second instalment work, is it already included in the current share price? (If he sells them today does he get a $2.60/share profit?) If I was to pay $10.80 for a share today would I also be required to pay the $4.75 instalment in Jan next year?  What is likely to happen to the share price after the second instalment is paid?

Sorry if the questions are rather simple, but I'm not quite in with the play on this one.

Regards

John Dawber

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] How does the westpactrust 2nd instalment work? michael