Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - October 2000

[sharechat] SEX aussie style

From: "Peter Maiden" <pmaiden@today.com.au>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 19:33:22 +1300

Life is more exciting on the ASX. If the NZSE and the ASX ever merge there will
be a more diverse range of shares to follow.

Announcement today in Oz - (from InvestorWeb) Other announcements over the past
few months are quite amusing.

HEADLINE NEWS
Wasting Money on SEX
By Susan Murdoch, 30 Oct 2000
  Sydney-based adult products company Sharon Austen Limited (SEX) has recorded
a first quarter net cash outflow of $679,000. Receipts from customers totaled
$1,000. SEX had $5.249 million cash on hand at September 30 2000

SEX listed in May of this year at an issue price of 50 cents. SEX shares are
unchanged today at 35 cents.

We thought that BDO sales were poor - my mate down the corner dairy says he
does $1,000 bucks that in a few days, not in a quarter.

Note that ANZ Nominees Ltd has 1,252,000 shares in SEX at last count

Good trading stock? or a long term hold?

Peter

--- Move to a better address ---
       + today freemail +
    http://www.today.com.au