Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - October 2000

Re: Re: Re: [sharechat] FFS shareholders - Fund managers and shareholder associations

From: "Warner Lamb" <cloud9@i4free.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 16:09:54 +1300

Another articles last sentence was quite good. The Shoeshine column which I
always enjoy quotes a broker saying that the merger of ASX and NZSE will be
corporate driven with the move of our big listed Co's to Aus. Commenting on
the Wharehouse, Lion, Nufarm, Tel, TWR, BCH etc etc.

"if the two exchanges don't merge soon the corporate sector would have done
it for them"

Makes me think how much clout NZSE would have in the decision? seems to be
all in ASX court.

If NZs big Co's all make the move...whats the point for ASX if they've
already got our best.

Warner

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: Re: Re: [sharechat] WRI Warner Lamb