Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - July 2000

[sharechat] Gold Shares

From: "tony" <tonyharg@wave.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 17:53:31 +1200

I believe the US sharemarket could still be capable of a major correction downwards, and I have been considering purchasing either some gold, or gold mining shares, to hedge my NZ market shares, my theory being when or if the markets tumble then some gold investment may counteract my losses.
As a recent Herald article on Ausi mining reported, gold investment can be a minefield for a novice like myself, what with mining companys pre selling gold at fixed future prices.
Any opinion on how to sort out good potential gold investments appreciated.

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] SMR and its buyback puzzle Arkadii Slinko