Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - June 2000

Re: [sharechat] ADV rumour

From: "Adam Rands" <adam@iguana.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 14:43:01 +1000

Libertys market cap is $AUD81mil and it has a very free float
Advantage market cap is $NZ166 mil

Liberty has been sold off over the last few weeks. Maybe the weakness is desired to make the deal go thru at a good price for Advantage

Did anyone read this in their recent announcement

"We intend to use the proceeds from the issue of shares approved at this  morning's meeting to
continue our acquisitions program.  Our activities in this area are clearly focused on the Australian eServices market.  It is our  intent that once we have completed our first Australian acquisition, we will
proceed to a joint ASX/NZSE listing."

The scenario

- My pick it will be a straight share swap. 2 ADV for every 1 LIB.. No cash needed for this deal.
- ADV avoids competition with Zivo and Clearfield (Libertys profit making assets)
- ADV leverage the excite brand (popular portal) to make flying pig a success
- ADV gets backdoor entry onto the ASX
- ADV shareholder base and liquidity increases dramatically
- Bulk of trading will be shifted to the ASX
- The NZSE lose another listed company to the aussies :)

My view - Consider this deal done and reprice each stock accordingly :)

Disc : Hold some Liberty