Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2000

Re: [sharechat] Contact Energy - an attractive time for Edison Mission to increase its holdings

From: "Osbert Sun" <osbert.sun@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 10:22:40 +1200

Phil,

I agree with you that if Edison decided to sell some or all of its holdings
in CEN for whatever reason, the downward trend could continue for some time
yet. However, the question is why would Edison want to sell at less than
half what it paid for in the first place. The fundamentals of the company
have not changed if not better. I'm in for Edison to up its stake. But as
you said, there is an uncertain element at this stage.

Kind regards,
Osbert