Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2000

[sharechat] day trading NZ/AUS

From: jesse <johne777@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 18:27:57 +1200

An example why you have to be careful day trading with web based broker.

Just before ASX close, I entered an order to buy xxx amount of company
xxx.(I wont give name 'cause I still want it). The order was accepted
within 10 seconds. My order did not appear on market depth, but was
better than the best bid by 2 cents. The market closed, my order
unfilled, so I cancelled the order.  I then received, almost
immediately, a rejected order saying my order was rejected because the
bid was too far from the market! But my bid was the best bid.
If I was trying to sell, I could have lost $$. I'm waiting for the
broker to ring and explain.

anyone else had similar experience?

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/forum.html.

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] The problem with bob Paul Frost