Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - March 2000

Re: [sharechat] BDO - Congratulations

From: Mike Nelson <bb2345@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 16:27:15 +1200

Ben,

I agree with your sentiments entirely. But a company setting itself up to
sell cosmetics, listing on the sharemarket and in the process soliciting
investors funds has surely an obligation to first of all clarify it's line
of supply. To find out one day after listing that there will be
difficulties with major brands is failing the investors.

MN

At 03:24 PM 31/03/00 +1200, you wrote:
>   In light of the recent comments on BDO, I'd like to say a couple of
>words...   Complaints about the NZSE are pretty common - the general
>lethargic state  of the market, lack of new listings etc etc. (I could go
>on).   Complaints are also heard about how hard it is for New Zealand
>businesses  and entrepreneurs to get off the ground, the lack of support
>through taxation,  funding etc etc (I could go on).        They have an IPO
>on the NZSE, raising a mere $3.5 million (which, put in  perspective, is
>not an extremely large sum of money) for the expansion of their  business
>here and overseas.   And they get slagged off for it.   Indeed, some people
>seem to be almost pleased that the BDO share price has  gone down!   Well,
>I'd like to say "congratulations" to the CEO of BDO, Bronwen Evans,  for
>being an entrepreneur and working hard to build a business.   I wish BDO
>every success for the future.     Do we want to encourage the growth of
>businesses in this country, or not?   Your comments are more than welcome.
> Best Regards,   Benjamin Dutton            ----- Original Message -----
>From:    Gordon    King    To: sharechat@sharechat.co.nz    Sent: Friday,
>March 31, 2000 2:52  PM   Subject: RE: [sharechat] bdo
>   I    sit smugly, vindicated.   Gordon        -----Original Message-----

Looking for top accommodation in Wellington for more than a week ? Check
out our homepage at http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~bb2345/

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/forum.html.