Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - March 2000

[sharechat] BDO - Congratulations

From: "Ben Dutton" <bendutton@sharechat.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 15:24:02 +1200

In light of the recent comments on BDO, I'd like to say a couple of words...

Complaints about the NZSE are pretty common - the general lethargic state of the market, lack of new listings etc etc. (I could go on).

Complaints are also heard about how hard it is for New Zealand businesses and entrepreneurs to get off the ground, the lack of support through taxation, funding etc etc (I could go on).

So here we have a company with a vision and a goal - to sell beauty products to consumers on the web.

They have an IPO on the NZSE, raising a mere $3.5 million (which, put in perspective, is not an extremely large sum of money) for the expansion of their business here and overseas.

And they get slagged off for it.

Indeed, some people seem to be almost pleased that the BDO share price has gone down!

Well, I'd like to say "congratulations" to the CEO of BDO, Bronwen Evans, for being an entrepreneur and working hard to build a business.

I wish BDO every success for the future.

So, what is it to be people?  Do we want to encourage the growth of businesses in this country, or not?

Your comments are more than welcome.

Best Regards,

Benjamin Dutton