Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - March 2000

Re: [sharechat] Stockwatch site

From: "John Stockley" <HOMEWARE@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 11:15:49 +1200

What is just as interesting is the article yesterday about the ASX reaching
100,000+  trades for the day.
That's up an incredible 300%+  in a year. T/O wasn't high so they say it's
smaller investors joining the market.
ASX are now considering evening trading,  it seems trades over their
lunchtime period shoot up considerably, as people log-on in their work
breaks.
 I wonder what affect this type of trading will have on the market as a
whole.
Obviously volatility will increase, but I wonder whether charting models may
also be affected, and become less accurate  in predicting movements and
trends.
The winners must be the stock exchanges and registry companies who collect
set fees per trade with little additional work.

John