Re: [sharechat] ITC still rolling downhill

From: Derek Watt <dkw@paradise.net.nz>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 20:11:34 +1300

>In the article too, ITC Managing Director, Keith
>Phillips freely admitted that the company had been
>cashing in on the hype.

Honesty is the worst policy for IT stacks, Heritage
suffered the same fate when they admitted E-cademy was
a way to cash in on the IT boom so they can do more
prospecting.

I admire their honesty though and may yet buy some of their
(mining) shares.

But for ITC, on the brighter side the 30 day moving average has
just flattened off abit, and is only down very slightly.
Unfortunately I bought ITCOD at the wrong time,
and decided not to 'stop-loss' when they started falling.
I'm now regretting not doing so but its too late now
as I'll no doubt miss the upturn if I do (Murphies Law).
The way the price bounced off 65c today was encouraging,
as was the volume traded.

>in the last 'Unlimited' publication which stated "So
>far ITC has made only three unexciting investments".

I would hardly call virtual spectator or Exo-net unexciting
investments. I haven't read the Unlimited article, but from
what was quoted it sounds like the journalist chose a negative
angle for the sake of a good story. It would be just as easy
to write a story on ITC with a positive spin.
(eg http://home1.gte.net/res009l5/itc.htm)

Bye,
Derek

(currently holding ITCOD)

At 09:37 PM 2/28/00 -0800, you wrote:
>It seems that the ITC slide continues for another
>week. I noticed it went down as low as 65c today. ITC
>has been lauded by many on Sharechat as the one stock
>that would break through the $1 barrier and go onto
>better things but the opposite has happened. Maybe
>there is a whole grain of truth in an article I read
>in the last 'Unlimited' publication which stated "So
>far ITC has made only three unexciting investments".
>In the article too, ITC Managing Director, Keith
>Phillips freely admitted that the company had been
>cashing in on the hype.
>Is it any wonder that ITC is rolling downhill for yet
>the umpteenth time when stocks such as Advantage are
>gaining strength by the day!
>http://im.yahoo.com

>http://www.sharechat.co.nz/          New Zealand's home for market investors
>To remove yourself from this list, please us the form at
>http://www.sharechat.co.nz/forum.html.

Derek Watt
http://members.tripod.com/DKWatt/

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/forum.html.