Re: [sharechat] FRO /LKO / Tech stocks(Margie)

From: "Brett & Leeanne Phillips" <bret-lil@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 19:33:50 +1300

Hi Margie,

I quess the answer to your question can be gained from the fact that I own
AQL shares and not ITC. Until recently I had a foot in both camps, which I
would suggest is the best option, if your going to take a punt with a bit of
spare cash.(would be nice)

My honest opinion is that there has been two much hype centered around
both stocks at various times and it is sometimes hard to decipher the facts.
I'm sure there is many AQL shareholders out there who have been feeling
despondent with the recent flat share price, but maybe the announcement
today regarding Commsoft will go a little way to improving the share price.
I think there needs to be a lot more positive info provided, before the
price will
hit  the 25-30 cent mark some people have been forecasting on chat forums.
I would suspect however, that we will see some bouyancy in AQL price as we
get closer to the shareholders meeting which I understand is on or about
March 9th.

While I admit to being a bit of a 'techy' I still believe you need a
diversified portfolio
and I wouldn't suggest investing in just any company that named itself
e-something.

When your trading stocks doesn't the emphasis revolve more around the timing
of
your buy and sell rather than the quality of the company.?????

For instance there has been some negative statements regarding Savoy this
week,
but a trader may have purchased on Wednesday at 5.2 cents and sold again
today
for 6 cents and made a nice profit if they had the volumes. Of course there
is also
the risk to consider with this scenerio.

With regards to AQL it seems as if Frank is the man to get our info from, so
lets hope
he keeps on keeping on.

Cheers Bret

PS, sorry if your none the wiser