RE: [sharechat] any clues on why Solution6 crashed 15% in Australia today?

From: Dylan James <dylan.james@nzef.org.nz>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 09:05:22 +1300

Phil, There may well be bad reasons for selling a business but equally
I think there can be very good reasons for these deals and acquisitions.
One potential reason is that often you might get a start up company that
reaches a point at which it cannot continue to grow without introducing
bureaucratic systems of control and management. Entrepreneurs are typically
not good at this, rather they are visionaries (passion etc.). So we often
see businesses that reach this point and are sold off to companies with the
systems to enable continued growth.
Best example of this lately is Newcall buying Energy Options. Newcall have
the sales structure to sell the product nationwide overnight. Energy Options
might have taken years to grow that much. They retained the Energy staff to
continue managing the product but gave them access to the sales
infrastructure to expand sales. Critical for Newcall was ensuring the
product was up to their standard to save them a year in developing to that
point - as with Iprolink. Everybody wins as far as I can see. (Energy
Options directors having retained equity in an expanded company with
enhanced growth prospects) This is what I understand to be the synergies
that everybody seems to want. This has also occurred with Webmasters and
Glazier being bought by ADV. And also Extrados bought by Innovus. In all
these cases founders were retained as managers
I'm sure there are many other good reasons also.
Whats life like at solution 6?
I'd say they play hackey sack at morning tea time.

Dylan