Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - January 2000

[sharechat] AQL

From: DARYL <DM2NZ@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 21:28:21 +1300

I'm also pleased to see a lot more attention payed to AQL recently.With its only income producing asset basically sold off it's de-ja-vu for a company with a "shell" history.One can only speculate(what we always like to do!)what plans for the company are.Cashed up with nothing to do can only tempt buyers onto its already "famous" share registry.Did you know that Ray Thompson??,ex boss of SMR purchased not to long ago $1m worth of stock at I think $0.15-16c.I have been in AQL for over 18mths now and there has been one disapointment after another.Obviously I won't be selling out now(last chance!!),but it will be very interesting to see what does happen on 28 Feb.Any bet on flyingpig.co.nz having a more formal relationship with AQL?or does Blue Star have the front running??My only concern is that with the recent negativity surrounding e-stocks(perhaps premature judgements ie Amazon.com(inability to make a profit))we could find ourselves with shares in a company with no proven track record,buying companies which are floaters/dreamers/non performing.Lets face it, e-commerce is still unproven and until profits are "continual" there will always be negativity in this already volitile sector.
I don't hope to seem naiveor arrogant,but in 10 years time what will be still standing???
Good trading folks!!
PS Any reason for CGB to drop today??

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] Bubble whipped off boundary="------------F6B279 David Lau