Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - January 2000

Re: [sharechat] holder number

From: "tennyson@caverock.net.nz" <tennyson@caverock.net.nz>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 13:31:21 +0000

> From:          "Stuart Allen" <sj.allen@ihug.co.nz>
>
> I have 2 statements from the National Registries.
> on each one the holder number
> is different. when i sell, does it matter which number i use?

This is just a clerical error which ideally should be corrected
before you sell.    You write to the registry informing them that you
have been issued shares under two holder numbers, stating how you
wish the holdings to be consolidated.

They will then write back with two statements.  The first statement
will show the holder number that you wish to discard with the share
balance dropping from whatever you hold down to zero.   The second
statement will show the number of shares that you held under the
other  shareholder number that you want to keep going up to reflect
the total number of shares you own.   At least, that is what happened
in my case.

However, since you haven't done this, and according to the records
you are two people you should behave as such.   In other words.

1/ If you want to sell all your holdings just use both of the numbers
you were given as if the whole transaction was in reality two
separate ones.
2/ If you only want to sell the shares under the 'rogue' shareholder
number, just do that, (which will fix the clerical error at the same
time).
3/ If you wish to sell more shares than you hold under the rogue
number, sell all the shares you hold under the rogue number, and the
balance from your 'real' number (which will fix the clerical error).
4/ If you wish to sell less shares than are listed on your rogue
statement, use your rogue number to sell.  Then write to the registry
requesting that the remaining shares under your rogue number are
transferred to your real number.

I think that covers all the possibilities.

> only one company on both  statements.

Which means the error is easy to fix, as only the one company is
involved.  SNOOPY

Message sent by Snoopy
e-mail  tennyson@caverock.net.nz
on Pegasus Mail version 2.55
"You can tell me I'm wrong twice,
but that still only makes me wrong once."

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/forum.html.