Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - January 2000

[sharechat] Share price inflation

From: "Trew Brian" <brian@trew42.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 11:44:53 -0000

As part of an A-Level Maths Statistics coursework module I am analysing share prices to determine their randomness (or not, as the case may be).  I have the share price statistics already but need to eliminate the upward bias of inflation in the prices in order that the analysis be more accurate.  In order to do this, I am unsure as to the inflation statistic to use, underlying or the headline normal rate, or should a different index altogether be used.

If you cannot help me in this matter, are you aware of any web-sites where my question could be answered?

Alex Trew

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] Ryman Marcus Tait