Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - December 1999

[sharechat] Grocorp Pacific

From: "ahf" <ahf@clear.net.nz>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 22:10:56 +1300

There could be a little interest in the stock for 4 reasons. 1. Apple prices are forecast to be a little better through ENZA this coming selling season. 2 Grocorp could be positioning itself to export its own fruit with an export consent from the new apple exporting  regulatory authority and therefore could do substantially better than selling through ENZA. 3 Grocorp could have a substantial asset gain with the distribution of ENZA shares coming up this year (maybe $3.5m book value). 4 This years apple crop looks good so far.  Personally I wouldn't rank this co. as a up and coming techno and would bet that the sale of shares to Sentry is something to do with the company aligning itself with a major fruit/produce marketing Co.  I could be wrong however!

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] Holiday Schedule Ben Dutton