Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - December 1999

Re: [sharechat] Re: ARM & technological progress

From: Chris Tse <christse@internet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 15:50:43 +1300

At 13:41 21/12/99 +1300, hugh webber wrote:
> Would you buy wireless
>technology from Sky for your TV when you could buy much better fibre optic
>technology for your TV from Saturn?

...err, I think you are missing an important point here. I would much
rather watch the next Hurricanes Super 12 game live and uninterrupted on
SKY than the South Florida roller blading championships or similar such
offering on Saturn! Who cares if it's coming to my TV via wireless
satellite feed or fibre optic cable?? Having said that, if in the future I
am able to sit on the beach under the palm trees and watch the Super 12
game on my dinky new mini TV wrist watch thingy, which will also let me do
some share trades, check my bank balance and book a restaurant for dinner
at halftime, then surely wireless is the way to go! ;-)