Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - November 1999

Re: [sharechat] Dukes & Co

From: "stuart irvine" <stuvine@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 23:09:33 GMT

>From: "Haddon" <haddon@ihug.co.nz>
>To: <sharechat@sharechat.co.nz>
>Subject: [sharechat] Dukes & Co
>Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 01:29:35 +1300
>
>Yesterday out of the blue I had a call from "Dukes & Company" based in
>Manila, trying to sell me a NASDAQ stock called NIGS which they pick as a
>potential highflyer, and out of the kindness of their hearts are willing to
>buy 1000 for me at US$9.50 odd on 14 day settlement, by which time "it'll
>be US$15.00 " !!!!!!
>Simon Johnson, a pom, is the man, and in the background is what appears to
>be trading bedlam. I cannot find "NIGS" on the  NASDAQ, and Dukes&Co
>website (www.Dukesandcompany.com) is very glossy and very long on rhetoric.
>
>I'm not a bit fooled, but wonder if anyone else has struck this bloke ??
No, but investors should also avoid ARGUS CAPITAL INVESTMENT CORPORATION
based in Nassau & Amsterdam.These people target Aus/NZ investors selling a
small cap. low volume NASDAQ stock from in-house scrip holdings often at a
discount to the market with the promise of huge returns in a short time.They
pump the stock with eroneous information and stats until their own holdings
are exhausted and then dump it leaving investors to languish in the misery
of large losses.