Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - October 1999

[sharechat] Australian Purchases

From: "Kelvin Worsfold" <kelw@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 11:19:55 +1300

Looking for information from investors using sites like e-trade,quicken or
other on-line brokers. What I need to know  is which companies and my main
interest in how payment is made, do you have to have funds in Australia? or
if you are only going to make the odd trade are you as well to stay with
your N.Z.. broker  which mine purchases the funds at good rates and I pay
them in N.Z. $, brokerage may be a bit higher but for the occasional  trade
should I stay with this method? Look forward to your comments.
--P.S. I received my chq. back from Telemedia, well over subscribed, and
you'd know it $1 share traded up to $1.70 in my case I re banked the chq.
and with currency differences the whole exercise cost me over $200, I guess
it's only money . By the way I'm watching hih (long
                 You get education by reading the fine print ......
                           and experience by not reading it.