Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - October 1999

[sharechat] The Dow, S&P and Gloom

From: "Brent Wheeler" <brentw@bwcl.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 07:35:56 +1300

To me much more significant than the Dow movements is the fall in the broader based S&P.  Media focus is always on the Dow - I guess because of it's "blue chip" nature - but when the fall is mirrored or even passed by changes in the S&P 500 there is cause for concern - or, if you are gutzy enough, a decent short position.  The fall in the S&P over the last week has been significant.  Worth a thought.

Dr Brent Wheeler
Director
Brent Wheeler & Co. Limited
AUCKLAND

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] Telstra vincent.wang