Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - October 1999

[sharechat] Re: WRI

From: "Brent Gray" <brent-g@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 10:21:40 +1300

I agree
When wri sold their finance arm, they threw away the baby and kept the bathwater.
Since then, they have been indulging themselves in frittering away the money they got for the baby.
The main architect of this shallowly thought out course of action seemed to be the former ceo, who recently left with a golden handshake  of over $400,000. Seems the more shareholders money you lose, the more pay you get.
However, the ceo should have been controled by the board, and he was not. That same board is still in control of the company,so we can probably expect more of the same, until the directors are voted out or in wri's case expire.
Either way any improvement in their share price is likely to be as a result of wishful thinking rather that than anything real.

Cheers