Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - October 1999

Re: [sharechat] RE:The dow

From: "Joe Spooner" <joespooner@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 12:46:44 NZDT

I believe the Dow will continue its rough ride until November - December or
at least until the Bond rates stabilise in the US. There appears to be some
excellent buys in the US. I have been looking at Lockheed Martin for some
time. They are currently at a 12 month low 50% down from where they were
this time last year.

I think Australia and perhaps NZ stock markets will benefit from the Dow at
present. As investors get out of the Dow they will turn to markets like
Australia and NZ. Stocks like resources in Australia and Telecom in NZ
should continue to rise. These are my thoughts.

Regards

Joe Spooner