Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 1999

Re: [sharechat] Shared confusion

From: "Shakur, Shamim" <S.Shakur@massey.ac.nz>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 11:44:21 +1200

Before trying to work out how you make 233 buys, sell few but only hold 6 or
7 co.'s etc,. as with other chatters, my confusion is more fundamental.
I note there are 188 issues listed with NZSE. This includes many options,
warrants, and issues that haven't traded for weeks. How do you make 233 buys
when there are not as many listed?

Here is a quote from the Question and Answer Session that David McEwen
hosted on Tuesday, September 14th.
A more detailed transcript available at:
http://www.sharechat.co.nz/articles/990915-mcewenqa.shtml
David_Mc: Sure. In the year to July 21 I made 233 BUY recommendations. If
you have put $1000 into each of those, then compared that with $1000 at the
same time into the NZSE 40, you would have outperformed the index by 256%
(net return of $52,070 vs $14,629).