Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 1999

RE: [sharechat] Shared confusion

From: "Washington-Smith, Grant" <G.Washington-Smith@massey.ac.nz>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 10:53:53 +1200

I didn't see David's original recommendation nor do I know the context in
which it was given but I assume that it refers to the basic financial
principle of reducing risk associated with owning individual shares. One can
eliminate risk by holding a minimum of about 5-7 shares. The more you hold
the less individual share risk you incur. Hold less than 5 and one increases
the chances of a share single impacting on your portfolio.
I assume this was the Point he was making.
Grant

Disclosure: I'm a small investor without much formal training in business.