Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 1999

Re: [sharechat] WestpacTrust NZ Class Shares

From: Bill <billbray@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 20:37:40 +1200

Mark Hubbard wrote:

> Does anybody have any thoughts on the capital gain potential of the
> WestpacTrust NZ Class Shares. I know they have a good dividend yield
> for the first year (not from then on, however), so I am interested in
> opinions on WestpacTrust's ability to grow its operation.

Mark..

I have a view that with the rate that Auckland Airport is falling
suggests Momma & Poppa are bailing out in order to invest in either
Tower or Westpac.  I can't see the price holding up for long in Westpac
because at the price there may be more than a few who will need to get
their money out fairly smartly.  Long term there may be something.