Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 1999

Re: [sharechat] Cash Shells

From: "Wedde, John" <john.wedde@cit.ac.nz>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 12:21:24 +1200

I agree wholeheartedly with Brent Wheeler's comments.

It is interesting however to compare the recent share price performance of
Strathmore [with "Watson" factor] with that of similar
cash - shells IT Capital  and  Habitat [both minus "Watson" factor]. The
latter two have also done well, but nowhere near as well as Strathmore. One
must admire the influence of the man!

Having watched all three of these companies over the past few months however
I would conclude that  ITC, because of their recent  acquisitions and high
profile directors with track record in IT, would have more "real", or
"fundamental" if you like, potential than the others.  We shall see.

Disclosure:  I have a small holding in ITC.