By Graeme Kennedy
|
Friday 9th November 2001 |
Text too small? |
The carrier last year began proceedings against the airport company, claiming it had failed to enter into adequate consultation with its airline clients before announcing fee rises. Air New Zealand refused to pay the increases after initiating the action.
However, the payments were paid this week after the two parties signed a six-year agreement which substantially lowers landing charges for Air New Zealand and all other carriers using Auckland.
An 8.5% increase applied for 12 months from August 2000 is reduced to 7.5%, and although a 5% rise from September 1 this year will remain, a similar increase to have been introduced on September 1 next year will now not proceed.
There will be no landing charge increases for the following four years to August 31, 2007.
Air New Zealand executive director Roger France said while the international aviation industry was under heavy pressure, it was "pleasing" at least one element of uncertainty had been removed.
Meanwhile, the Commerce Commission is continuing its investigation into airport pricing at Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch. The commission originally said it would make its report this month but has extended the date into the second quarter of next year.
No comments yet
EROAD Appoints New Director Progressing Board Renewal
OCA delivered record full year result
BLT - Strong revenue and underlying earnings growth
MFB - Food Bag reports full year profitability up 5.3%
TWR - Tower reports strong HY earnings
IPL - FY26 Annual Results
May 21st Morning Report
May 20th Morning Report
May 19th Morning Report
PYS - PaySauce to announce F26 full year results on 27 May 2026