Sharechat Logo

RBD market stand completed

By Phil Boeyen, ShareChat Business News Editor

Wednesday 1st November 2000

Text too small?
Deutsche Securities has completed its stand in the market for Restaurant Brands ordinary shares in just one day despite setting aside five days for the purchase.

Deutsche Securities went to the market early this morning for 13.8 million shares in the fast food company at $1.25 on behalf of AMP Henderson Global Investors. The price was an 18 cent premium to Tuesday's closing price of $1.07.

Today's stand occurred on a 'Special Board' and according to stock exchange rule the broker handling the market stand had to buy 20% on market but could buy the remaining 80% from its own clients. It's understood orders immediately filled the required 20% or 2.76 million shares on market.

Restaurant Brands says it welcomes AMP Henderson Global Investors as a quality shareholder.

RBD closed Wednesday up 12 at $1.19.

  General Finance Advertising    

Comments from our readers

No comments yet

Add your comment:
Your name:
Your email:
Not displayed to the public
Comment:
Comments to Sharechat go through an approval process. Comments which are defamatory, abusive or in some way deemed inappropriate will not be approved. It is allowable to use some form of non-de-plume for your name, however we recommend real email addresses are used. Comments from free email addresses such as Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc may not be approved.

Related News:

Restaurant Brands' 2Q sales rise 6.2 percent , led by Carl's Jr outlets
Is this the beginning of end for Starbucks?
Restaurant Brands bets on new brands to drive future earnings growth
Restaurant Brands expects 2014 profit will be marginally ahead of 2013
Restaurant Brands lifts 1st quarter sales 3.9 percent after adding Carl's Jr stores
Restaurant Brands scotches talk of buying Western Australian KFC stores
Restaurant Brands annual profit slips 4.5 percent, sees bigger earnings in 2013
Restaurant Brands 4th-qtr sales rise 4.5 percent as Carl's Jr makes up for Starbuck’s dip
Restaurant Brands 3Q sales creep higher
Restaurant Brands predicts flat annual profit, holds interim dividend

IRG See IRG research reports