Monday 1st September 2008
|Text too small?|
The 177 megawatt, 65 turbine project, enough to power about 86,000 homes, is to be decided by just one authority, the Tararua District Council, and Contact doesn't envisage the project being called in by the government for fast-tracking, spokesman Jonathan Hill said.
Last week the company had its second power project fast-tracked after the government said it will call in its 540 megawatt Hauauru ma raki wind farm near Raglan. The powers ensure projects of national interest don't get derailed in the appeals process.
The company's stock was unchanged at NZ$8.36.
Contact is investing NZ$3 billion over the next five years to build about 1400 megawatts of geothermal, wind, hydro and gas-fired plants.
No comments yet
UPDATE Contact increases dividend as FY earnings rise; quits wind projects
Contact increases dividend as FY earnings rise in competitive market
Contact shares drop to 2-month low, says 'hard to see' investment under Labour-Greens plan
Contact Energy, parent Origin mull redemption of $2.03 bln of notes after S and P change
Solid first half for Contact, despite retail margins squeeze
Contact sells mothballed New Plymouth power station for $24 mln
Contact Energy's King hints at greater returns as cash mounts
Contact energy beats FY profit forecast as revenue surges
Elliott leaving Contact for Origin role
Contact sees 2014 cash-flow boost as projects put on ice