Monday 16th November 2020
|Text too small?|
September 2020 Monthly traffic update
• 76.9% Auckland Airport total passenger volumes decreased by 76.9% in September 2020 versus last year. International passengers (excl. Transits) were down 96.9%, transit passengers were down 94.5% and domestic passengers were down by 53.3%.
• The decline in total passengers for September 2020 reflects the impact of the travel restrictions imposed by the New Zealand Government in response to COVID-19. The closure of the New Zealand border from 20 March 2020 to all but New Zealand citizens and permanent residents has had a significant impact on international services.
• Domestic passenger numbers in September 2020 were 63.4% up on August 2020 reflecting the change in the country’s alert levels at the end of August. On 31 August Auckland moved down to Alert Level 2 with the rest of New Zealand.
• Air New Zealand resumed flying all its Auckland domestic routes when alert levels were reduced on 31 August 2020. Jetstar Airways resumed its domestic services from 17 September 2020 when physical distancing requirements on domestic air travel were lifted.
October 2020 Monthly traffic update preview
• 68.6% Auckland Airport total passenger volumes decreased by 68.6% in October 2020 versus last year. International passengers (excl. Transits) were down 97.2%, transit passengers were down 92.1% and domestic passengers were down by 34.9%.
• Domestic passenger numbers in October 2020 were 47.9% up on September 2020 reflecting the easing of physical distancing requirements on domestic air travel in September and Auckland joining the rest of New Zealand at Alert Level 1 from 8 October 2020.
• Air New Zealand operated almost 90% of its pre-COVID-19 domestic capacity during the October school holiday period..
See the links below for more details:
No comments yet
Me Today Limited (NZX: MEE) Results for the Six Months Ended 30 September 2020
PaySauce Limited (NZX: PYS) FY2021 Half Year Result and Interim Report
General Capital Limited (NZX: GEN) Announces Solid Growth Despite Covid-19
Moa Group Limited (NZX: MOA) Announces Half-year Results
Evolve Education Group Limited (NZX: EVO) Interim Results for Six Months Ended 30 September 2020
IPO Offer: New Zealand Rural Land Co
Infratil Limited 6-year Infrastructure Bonds
Genesis Energy Limited (NZX: GNE) Undertaking Strategic Review of Kupe
Plexure Group Limited (NZX: PX1) NZ$5 Million Share Purchase Plan Closes
Vital Healthcare Property Trust (NZX: VHP) Sale of Three Regional Assets