Wednesday 23rd November 2016 |
Text too small? |
Founder Sam Morgan is to leave the board of Trade Me, the company he founded and sold in 2006, on Dec 15, the company said today in a statement.
His departure was signposted in October, and tributes were paid at this month's annual general meeting in Wellington, which he attended. He told BusinessDesk in October that he intended to remain a shareholder but wanted to clear his calendar to focus on early-stage businesses and his charitable foundation. Morgan joined the board when it listed on the NZX in 2011.
Simon West is to take his place as independent director. West is currently the executive director of Max Fashions, the women's clothing retailer. He was previously chief executive of EziBuy and the Australian e-commerce website, DealDirect.com.au.
Trade Me chair David Kirk welcomed him onboard: "Simon comes with great online experience and a deep knowledge of retail. He brings a valuable entrepreneurial outlook and also has a good understanding of bigger businesses. I'm sure he'll be an excellent addition to the board."
"Trade Me is a fantastic business with a lot of opportunity in front of it. I'm looking forward to making a contribution to one of New Zealand's most admired companies," West said.
Shares in Trade Me fell 0.2 percent or 1 cent to $4.84. They've risen 16 percent since the start of the year.
BusinessDesk.co.nz
No comments yet
POT Financial Results for the year to 30 June 2025
MOVE FY25 Results for the year ended 30 June 2025
BPG - Completion of Retail Offer
Comvita releases results for the year ended 30 June 2025
August 29th Morning Report
Air New Zealand announces 2025 financial result
August 28th Morning Report
VSL - 2025 date of Annual Meeting of shareholders
WIN - Winton announces FY25 Annual Results
Meridian Energy Limited 2025 Full Year Financial Results