Monday 15th September 2008
|Text too small?|
The Minister for the Environment called in the application in February and approval was granted last weekend, according to a statement from the company. Contact had its second power project fast-tracked last month, after the government said it will call in its 540 megawatt Hauauru ma raki wind farm near Raglan.
The call in process ensures projects of national interest don't get derailed in the appeals process.
Contact is investing NZ$3 billion over the next five years to build about 1400 megawatts of geothermal, wind, hydro and gas-fired plants.
Te Mihi will generate enough power for about 200,000 homes. Shares of Contract fell 0.4% to NZ$8.97 and have climbed almost 10% this year while the NZX 50 fell 16%.
No comments yet
UPDATE Contact increases dividend as FY earnings rise; quits wind projects
Contact increases dividend as FY earnings rise in competitive market
Contact shares drop to 2-month low, says 'hard to see' investment under Labour-Greens plan
Contact Energy, parent Origin mull redemption of $2.03 bln of notes after S and P change
Solid first half for Contact, despite retail margins squeeze
Contact sells mothballed New Plymouth power station for $24 mln
Contact Energy's King hints at greater returns as cash mounts
Contact energy beats FY profit forecast as revenue surges
Elliott leaving Contact for Origin role
Contact sees 2014 cash-flow boost as projects put on ice