Tuesday 28th July 2020
|Text too small?|
The Board of Smartpay is pleased to provide the following trading update following the completion of the first quarter to 30 June 2020 of the FY21 financial year.
• Strong recovery in Australian acquiring revenue from previously advised COVID lows - June acquiring revenue at record level.
• Average revenue per terminal has increased above pre COVID levels.
• Both the number of transactions per terminal and average transaction value increased above pre COVID levels.
• Current transacting terminals are at 95% of pre COVID levels as we wait for one merchant category to re-open. This has been more than offset at a revenue level by the increases in average transaction volumes and values per transacting terminal.
As highlighted in the table below, the quarterly Australian acquiring revenue showed a 59% increase on the same quarter last year (Q1 FY21 vs Q1 FY20); and an 11% decrease on the prior quarter (Q1 FY21 vs Q4 FY20). This quarterly decrease reflects the effects of COVID-19 during April and May in the Q1 period as previously reported to the market.
Quarterly consolidated revenue was similarly impacted by COVID- 19 compared to the prior quarter (Q1 FY21 vs Q4 FY20). Year on year (Q1 FY21 vs Q1 FY20) consolidated revenue is level on the prior year comparable period, however the prior year period included a large single sale of terminals which was not repeated this quarter. Excluding this item, like-for-like consolidated revenue was up 9% on the same quarter last year (Q1 FY21 vs Q1 FY20).
Australia Acquiring Update
Current transacting terminals stand at 4,358 for the month of July to date. This represents 95% of our pre COVID level of transacting terminals with the remaining 5% accounted for by a single merchant category which is yet to re-open.
Notwithstanding the lower number of transacting terminals, we achieved a record level of acquiring revenue for the month of June which is a function of the following:
• Higher card usage as contactless payments displace cash at a quicker rate through the pandemic;
No comments yet
FY20 results guidance met, Results date, Banking Facility
Sky sells OSB assets to NEP NZ, secures 10 year partnership
NZX fully operational - announcement re COVID-19
Heartland Market Update
Steel & Tube Fy20 Trading Update
Further Contract Win Strengthens Scott Technology’s Position In Mining Sector
New Talisman - Chairman’s Address to AGM 2020 August 6, 2020
T&G reports its 2020 Interim Results
TruScreen strengthens its market presence in central and eastern Europe
Refining NZ announces non-cash impairment