Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2004

[sharechat] Re:[sharechat] Pending Global Stockmarket Crash Lazy Haggis

From: "David Cooper" <djcooper2001@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 03:26:20 +0000

I concur...
-Warren Buffett has said that (I am paraphrasing from memory here) there are
no value stocks in the US market at the moment.
- P/e ratios are still high, and it may in fact be that people are jumping
into stocks with the hope that they will take off rather than being based on
any fact.
- There is an absence of solid growth yet stable markets.
- Geo-political situation is unstable.
- Possible bubbles in Global real estate
Gold offers a good alternative to other markets. My argument is that Gold is
not a substitute for the US$ (maybe the Euro could claim that) but that it
is a substitute for all the other markets.
Please feel free to pick this to pieces. This is my opinion, and I have
acted on it so if there is anyone with information that could save me from
losing a fair bit of money I'd welcome it!
Hold: GCR.AX, TRO.AX
Cris... looked at INL.... looks very good on the new technology alone
without the interests they have in mining. On my watchlist but I'm a poor
student so I'll have to do some rearranging if it continues to look good.
Appreciate the recommendation.

Watch movie trailers online with the Xtra Broadband Channel
http://xtra.co.nz/broadband

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] Focus on CEN(Part1) Fiona Phibbs