Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2004

[sharechat] Silver & Gold get whacked!

From: "Baa Baa" <baa_baa@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 01:22:51 +0000

Strong USA fundamental economic news sees the USD leap up to 90 on the USDX
overnight, and prove Gold and Silver are still linked -ergo to some extent
trading as currencies, by getting whacked bigtime.

Silver down from high of 8.3ish to 7.45ish, currently at 7.37 [ouch]. Many
hoped to see 10 after 8, before 7's
http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SC.web?c=$SILVER,uu[w,a]daclyyay[dc][pb5!c14][vc60][iut!Ld20!La12,26,9]&pref=G

... as they say, we get not what we want, but what we deserve [or something
like that]. Buyers in the 4.5 - 5.5 range still delerious with joy.

Gold down from 420 (high was 430 a few days ago) to 406. Wicked candle
http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SC.web?c=$GOLD,uu[w,a]daclyyay[dc][pb5!c14][vc60][iut!Ld20!La12,26,9]&pref=G

... might try to put up some TA thoughts tonight if I have time.

Most Gold stocks, but especially silver stocks got flushed. Some superb
buying now in Silver stocks especially. Particularly so if you believe the
fundamental story behind their rises, and prefer to buy only into weakness.

Watch for the dead cat bounce tomorrow? Or will the weak hands be spooked
and capitulate?
Awesome action. Some Silver PUT contracts made humungous % moves overnight.
Not for the faint of heart.

Cheers
BAA

Check out news, entertainment and more @  http://xtra.co.nz/broadband

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: RE: [sharechat] thank you S.J. Greaves. Allan Julian