Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - December 2003

[sharechat] Restaurant Brands - new CEO

From: greasy chicken <greasychicken2003@yahoo.com.au>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 08:22:42 +1100 (EST)

Robin - you asked how do RBD holders feel about this
announcement and what it means for the future of the business?
Robin, I made a recent investment in Restaurant Brands on the basis that a really good turn around in their fortunes was possible if they could improve the service culture throughout the business.

The key to that change was appointing a new CEO who could come up with a new direction for the business and who would drive a new culture through all levels of the business, in particular at store level.

Ask any employee at store level whether they ever saw Jim Collier?, or whether they understood what Restaurant Brands was all about?. A new inspirational leader would have seen that addressing these sort of issues was a priority and that front line service culture is the key to the future of the business.

However Restaurant Brands have grasped this opportunity. They have gone with the status quo and appointed Vicki Salmon as CEO. Vicki is a very capable person but not the inspirational type of new blood that Restaurant Brands needs at this point of time. Another point is that as a director of the company since inception she has to take some of the blame for the poor recent performance of the business.

So Robin in my view an opportunity lost for Restaurant Brands. Therefore you can gather I am disappointed that Vicki has been appointed CEO.

If anybody is interested I have made several posts on sharetrader.co.nz over the past few weeks outlining my thinking on Restaurant Brands.

Yahoo! Personals
- New people, new possibilities. FREE for a limited time!

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] Warehouse Xmas Advertising Karyn W