Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - December 2003

Re: [sharechat] wri - never a dull moment reply by macdunk.

From: Robin Benson <rob@hammerheadmedia.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 10:02:22 +0000

Thanks David and MacDunk.

WRI - Only 80k of WRI moved today, with a buyer still in the market for
225k@NZD1.45 - not a lot of dealing going on at that price level. It
does not seem unlikely that RPI are using more than one broker to
accumulate and the limit is identical so I suspect that it is RPI
rather than another buyer. WRI has recently been developing further as
a business with changes in management, involvement with Genesis,
Agri-feeds and Eurogrow Potatoes growth, etc. It does appear that the
market would price WRI higher were it not for the high dollar - perhaps
the mitigation of this risk via hedging has come into play here? Also,
even with earnings under pressure, dividend yield is not looking too
shabby at $1.45. MacDunk what fundamentals, apart from the currency
issue, are you referring to - your concluding comment sounds like you
have a (virtual) quid both ways ... would you buy in if the price
dropped and if so how far would it have to come down? David it looks
like you might have been buying at $1.45? On the basis of dividend or a
combination of factors?

RBD - Vicki Salmon now CEO. The spin indicates that there is currently
not much interest in running this company amongst those with the skills
to give it the boost it needs. How do RBD holders feel about this
announcement and what it means for the future of the business?

Regards

Robin

discl.
hold WRI