Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - December 2003

[sharechat] Dominos/Pizza Hut competition

From: "alec" <acp@inspire.net.nz>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 12:19:12 +1300

Here in Palmerston North the competition for RBD is about to get upfront and in your face.
The local Pizza Hut has been in the same place for years.
Now Dominos are converting part of the Albert Hotel into there outlet. Staff are being recruited and builders and contractors are all over the premises.
For those of you unfamiliar with PN the Dominos will be diagonally opposite Pizza Hut on the corner of Albert and Main St which is in the Terrace End or Eastern side of town.
Opening day is pre Xmas (apparently) so we shall see what the competition does.
Some time ago I gave a comparison of Service station power costs. Since then I have done some checking. Pizza Hut locally does have air con. so the costs should be similar. However they also have a gas meter on the outside so we can assume that the ovens are gas fired. This also means their daily costs of line charges/meter rentals are doubled and rising fast abd eating into the already thin bottom line.
cheers