Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - November 2003

[sharechat] re wri reply by macdunk

From: "Duncan MacGregor" <d-m_macgregor@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 19:56:32 +1300

Hi Phillip
              The farmers are having to hang on In high dollar low gate prices etc etc.   The worst has still to come as far as farmers Incomes go.    Wri are six months behind the farmers with there earnings.    Other farm related stocks will suffer equally as bad.   Sept 2002 I sold Wri shares and posted that I expected there profits to take a tumble I was wrong In one regard It took longer than I anticipated.
It Is the townies that pushed the share price up, the people that don't understand that the men on the land will spend nothing, and survive, and companies such as Wri will have there profits slashed.  I fully expected this only My timing was wrong.
Companies such as this you can predict with ease buy when the dollar falls sell when It rises only allow six months for the money to flow through.    Sorry to be doom and gloom but that Is how It Is down on the farm.
                       cheers macdunk

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] WRI - Any comment? mixtrader