Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - November 2003

Re: Re: RE: Re: [sharechat] tell me I am wrong by macdunk

From: "David & Jill Stevenson" <djstevo@quicksilver.net.nz>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 10:31:40 +1300

In clarification I add to my previous post that it was the Brierley Ann ual (final in NZ) meeting I was referring to at the end. Sorry about the confusion. Selwyn Cushing was being offered Up to about 13 million options  (maybe more), - to my perhaps too questioning a mind as possibly a sweetener.That sweetener
influenced by Singaporean interests that he wear the deserved flack from residual and loyal shareholders  as he had  presided over disgraceful performance and that company`s ignoble departure from NZ.   Sir Ron Brierley, on the stage, had very little to say - that spoke volumes-. Within 2 minutes Max Gunn moved a David v. Goliath motion that the Board en masse resign. An appropriately underdressed , typifying shareholders own new circumstances, Bruce Sheppard made his debut at that meeting in most effective manner. I still recall hollow debate over the exercise price of the options Selwyn Cushing was to receive. He was a picture of stolid defiance in front of a once proud but now disappointed shareholder meeting. I will never forget the disunity that he  so clearly represented to the meeting that day. One of NZ `s sorrier days.Overseas interests were the clear winners accompanied by a sole NZèr by the name of Selwyn Cushing.

                 David Stevenson

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] Allbury philip